DWS provide a range of Human Resource services for clients in the hospitality, gaming and leisure sectors.
These services include:
We have over 20 years of consulting experience relating to our human resources services. As well as producing an annual salary review paper, DWS have strong relationships and data on key senior personnel across the sectors.
Our human resource projects primarily include clubs, taverns and casinos. Recent assignments include:
- Executive search and selection of general managers at major club venues.
- Search and selection of senior general management at hotel and resort venues.
- Review of general management salary and design of performance targets and remuneration packages at major hospitality venues.
- Succession planning undertaken for venues at management and board level.
DWS provides exemplary assistance with human resources projects given our strong reach and relationships in the sector over a significant period of time.
DWS offers a variety of training services for clients in the hospitality, gaming, accommodation, and leisure sectors. Our training services include regulatory, management workshops, specialised gaming and financial analysis.
- Some recent training projects undertaken recently include:
- Management training undertaken on behalf of a major national gaming pub operator specialising in gaming pub venue management and operation.
- Corporate Governance training at a Board and Management level.
- Bi-annual financial planning and gaming management training delivered through our proprietary ‘Game On’ course.
- Online and face-to-face regulatory hospitality training
- Digital and Social Media marketing training for venue managers
DWS training partner CTA Training Specialists as a registered training organisation we combine the consulting experience of DWS and the large scope of training products delivered by CTA. DWS & CTA trainers are highly qualified and fully accredited in their respective fields.
Our training assignments include fee-for-service specialised training as well as government funded training across tourism, hospitality and leisure sectors. Each year, CTA completes over 30,000 student lessons and delivers a range of training including:
- Hospitality Certificate Qualifications – from Certificate II in Hospitality to Advanced Diploma level
- Hospitality School Based Traineeships
- Hospitality School Based Apprenticeships
- Responsible Management of a Licensed Venue (RMLV) training
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Provide Responsible Gambling Services (RSG)
- Food Hygiene & Food Safety Supervisor
- First Aid
- Customer Liaison Officer (CLO)
- Gaming Nominee
- Staff Online Induction Programs
Find out more about CTA Training Specialists here
With extensive experience and a strong history as a registered training organisation, CTA Training Specialists and DWS can further assist your venue with the identification and delivery of meaningful training.
Source High Quality Candidates
DWS recruitment consultants work to determine requirements, develop marketing campaigns, including drafting appropriate advertisements and placement in a variety of recruitment channels. Key aspects of our executive selection services include:
- Developing and refining position description statements.
- Developing and prioritising key performance indicators.
- Identifying and priortising core skill requirements.
- Application reviews.
- Professional interviewing.
- Case handling successful and unsuccessful candidates.
- Undertaking approved evaluation processes.
- Preparing written reports recommending candidates for final client interviews.
- Negotiating final employment terms and conditions
DWS excel at assisting with executive selection services. Combining our personal knowledge of strong candidates with sophisticated evaluation techniques, we can source high-quality candidates.
Crucial to Planning the Future
Succession planning is a crucial element to planning the future management and governance needs of an organisation. DWS facilitate this process through a series of confidential interviews, business analysis, independent assessment and needs identification techniques. Key aspects of our succession planning services include:
- Identification of key positions at both management and board/committee level.
- Identification of key associated knowledge base.
- Discussion on alternative internal skills and knowledge base.
- Highlight areas of risk associated with lack of alternative knowledge.
- Develop a succession plan through a combination of internal nurturing of skills and identification of external knowledge bases.
DWS offer the ability to transfer to new management and board/committee members without compromising strategic planning goals and targets. Contact us to confidentially discuss succession needs.
Appropriate Levels of Remuneration
The DWS senior management remuneration review process assists managers, boards, and committees to make an informed judgement and provides relevant independent documented evidence to demonstrate due care and diligence. Key aspects of our remuneration review process includes:
- Review the performance of the business and key milestones achieved.
- Survey relevant management and/or board members.
- Survey staff members on performance.
- Examine key performance indicators, performance reviews and departmental achievements.
- Benchmark the business against similar businesses and competitors.
- Evaluate and quantify the remuneration package currently offered.
- Provide recommendations on the range of remuneration levels appropriate for the role.
Establishing the appropriate level of management remuneration in today’s competitive hospitality, tourism and leisure industry whilst ensuring fiduciary obligations are maintained is a complex task. Regular remuneration reviews are essential to maintain a settled and consistent workforce but also to pave the way for performance management of staff.
MANAGEMENT PREFORMANCE REVIEWS
highlight Areas for Improvement
Our management performance review process assists businesses to make informed decisions and provides independent documented evidence to demonstrate due care and diligence. Conducting performance reviews capitalise on the team’s strengths and weaknesses, as well as highlight areas that could be improved or developed further. Key aspects of our management performance reviews include:
- Review of the performance of the business and key milestones achieved.
- Interviewing relevant management and board members.
- Interviewing staff members.
- Examining key performance indicators, staff performance reviews and departmental achievements.
- Benchmark the business against similar businesses and competitors.
- Fully evaluate the remuneration packages currently offered.
- Making recommendations on a range of areas for improvement.
- Making recommendations on any potential changes and improvements within the structure of the team.
Establishing the appropriate level of performance for management in today’s competitive hospitality, tourism and leisure sectors encourages professional growth and development. Management performance reviews are usually conducted in line with remuneration reviews at three, six or twelve-month intervals. The performance review process can easily be customised to suit the needs of the business.
Get a Quote
Don't Miss Out, Keep in the loop!
Get our Latest News and Industry Reports delivered straight into your inbox.