The Surf Club Mooloolaba
Salary package up to $140,000
One of the oldest Surf Life Saving Clubs in Australia and one of Queensland’s most profitable Surf Clubs with a plethora of awards, The Surf Club Mooloolaba has been a strong operator providing great food to members and guests for many years. If you are keen to help drive innovation, quality, and efficiency in a catering operation of a progressive club, this is the Head Chef role you’ve been looking for.
As Head Chef you will have control over the food and catering operations, utilising your commitment to quality, diversity, and imagination. Answering directly to the General Manager, you will research new concepts and develop a plan for implementation in the future, as the club seeks to reposition the venue for new emerging markets whilst catering for its current loyal customers.
The successful candidate is required to be firm yet fair, handle the pressure associated with high volume, build a group of team players, and not accept second best in staff or food. You will enjoy being hands-on as well as providing leadership and motivation to the kitchen brigade.
Your expertise will be instrumental in enhancing the menus to suite the various customers’ needs and your business and computer skills will be applied to implement and fulfil quality standards, and achieve revenue, labour and gross profit targets.
To secure this position, the suitable candidate will possess the following:
- Significant experience in fast-paced club or pub catering operations
- In-depth understanding of kitchen costings and knowledge of accounting practices
- A passion for ever changing menus and specials showcasing your team’s talent
- A proven track record in achieving catering budgets
- A commitment for implementing and managing high standards
- Moderate to high computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to work weekends, some nights and Public Holidays
How can you apply?
If you meet the criteria of this exciting position and would love to be part of a progressive and respected Surf Club, please submit your application, including a covering letter and resume to email@example.com.
More information about the venue can be found at: https://www.thesurfclub.com.au/