If you watch the news, you might notice an increase in armed hold-up incidents especially for late night hospitality providers. Facing an armed robbery is a terrifying prospect which no doubt lurks in the minds of many hospitality workers who work directly with the public.
The risk of armed robbery is no longer a distant possibility to licenced venues in south east Queensland. Recent instances of armed robbery have highlighted the far reaching effect an incident can have to a business and the community.
When compared to the potential physical, psychological and monetary effects of an armed robbery; the cost of taking proactive measures seems minor. Taking a proactive approach could:
- Prevent an armed robbery – a prepared venue presents a less enticing victim;
- Prepare staff – prepared staff are more confident and able to respond safely in the event of an incident;
- Assist police to apprehend offenders; and
- Minimise financial loss.
What proactive measures should you be putting in place?
- Conducting a business security assessment of your premises to ensure physical measures remain sufficient and effective.
- Ensuring cash handling and storage and workplace security procedures are up to date and relevant.
- Putting procedures in place in case of a robbery and testing them by conducting drills similar to fire drills.
- Conducting regular training and awareness session for staff and management.
To find out more about your security options, contact me on (07) 3878 9355 or email email@example.com to discuss how we can assist your venue to be prepared.