DWS provide a range of research services for clients in the hospitality, accommodation, gaming, leisure and tourism sectors. Our research services include:
We have over 20 years of data assimilation as an organisation relating to our research services. DWS maintain a range of proprietary databases that collates data on a range of sectors allowing us strong and effective insight.
Our research projects include clubs, taverns, serviced accommodation, gyms, casinos and other tourism & leisure businesses and associated government bodies. Recent research projects that have been undertaken by DWS include:
- Exit surveys undertaken following the reopening of new hotel venues on behalf of a major national operator.
- Retainer mystery shopping program for a major Queensland-based club.
- Quarterly benchmarking analysis of club member perceptions of the facilities through the use of our proprietary ‘Member Meter’ survey.
- Regulatory community impact surveys undertaken as part of liquor and gaming applications.
DWS has developed in-depth research tools and is ideally placed to assist with research projects. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss these needs further.
Comprehensive Secret Shopper Program
Some customers keep returning time and time again while for others it is an annual visit. Customer loyalty can be fickle and subjective, one bad experience can hamper whole impressions. It can take years to develop a loyal customer and only seconds to lose one. DWS have developed a comprehensive secret shopper program with the following features:
- DWS Hospitality specialists visit or phone venues posing as a customer. This could include one visit by a shopper, to a number of different shoppers visiting your premises over a few weeks on specific days and times as required.
- On the spot information is captured using a tailored iPhone application so that no detail is missed or forgotten.
- A full evaluation is completed including the names of staff to provide you with an insight into the service, standards and environment your customers are experiencing in your venue.
- DWS maintain a database of current results which allows us to create a benchmark so that results can be compared against other local competitors.
- The program is fast and current with the shop being conducted and the report delivered in a matter of days.
We can develop a tailored program to address areas of concern which may include testing the effectiveness of new staff training programs or staff knowledge on a newly implemented loyalty program. Alternatively, a general overview shop can be conducted looking at a broader scope. Our reports are detailed providing both positive and negative feedback so that management can reward the star performers and have meaningful conversations with staff who are under-performing.
Quick & Cost-Effective
Our proprietary Member Meter survey is a quick, cost-effective way to survey over 300 members every quarter. The survey is consistent, asking the same questions each quarter, which enables you to gauge how your members view your services over time and track consistency. Member Meter uses the latest in phone surveying technology to contact a random selection of members asking six standard questions and a seventh question customised for specific needs. Key areas of assessment include:
- Food and beverage rating.
- Gaming rating.
- Customer service and presentation.
- Entertainment and promotions rating.
- Club overall rating.
- How many days since members last visited the club.
- How frequently members visit the club.
Results are analysed and produced in a report broken down by age and gender categories to identify how the venue is meeting the needs of its different members. Managers or key board/committee members can record the introduction to the survey which increases the response rate. Member Meter is a wide-reaching program currently conducted in several large clubs.
Opinions and Feedback
Self-completion surveys are an effective tool to assess opinions and feedback from a large cross section of customers and the local catchment area. They can also be conducted internally with staff, management, and board members. DWS can design the survey instrument, sample the survey, and then complete the full campaign. We offer the following survey completion methods:
- Online surveys can be imbedded in websites or emailed directly via web-based survey programs that are operated by DWS.
- Personal surveys utilise portable technology such that DWS are able to access a wide platform of customers and can be used for projects such as customer exit surveys or local residential feedback.
DWS are regularly involved in a variety of surveys from research based to regulatory impact statement surveys and has strong experience in survey design and data collation. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss survey requirements.
CUSTOMER FOCUS GROUPS
Excellent Identifying Method
Customer feedback drives marketing strategies, service expansion, training plans and venue development. Customer focus groups conducted by an external provider can harness this information in a constructive, structured environment. Our customer focus sessions include the following elements:
- DWS organise groups of 8 to 12 people and prompt them through various aspects of the business.
- Ascertain where else the group shops or visits and why they visit competitors.
- Determine the perception of facilities and services and what motivates the group to purchase from the venue.
- Recommendations on how to improve the product and service offering.
Focus group sessions are an excellent method of identifying possible issues and potential opportunities that often warrant further exploration. DWS can extrapolate meaningful information from customer focus groups that can optimise revenue.
OPERATIONAL FOCUS GROUPS
Continually Evolve Strategy
Frequent scheduled operational focus groups with key personnel can help to continually evolve strategy and motivate teams to drive progress. Often, a business will need its management team to focus on a specific component, possibly gross profit levels, sales, gaming revenues, food quality, customer service standards, internal communications, or internal morale. Our operational focus groups include the following elements:
- DWS arranges key personnel of 8 to 12 people and prompt them through various aspects of the business.
- Ascertain individual views on a particular issue.
- Identify whether a consensus is present.
- Facilitate a workshop that seeks to address and offer solutions.
- Formalise recommendations on how to address and solve the issue.
DWS provides intensive management focus group sessions to fine-tune an organisation’s performance in all areas of business operations both as an ongoing process and as a crisis control mechanism. Even the broadest business strategy cannot overcome all environmental obstacles unless key players within the business know how to play their role and work toward a common goal.
CUSTOMER DEMOGRAPHIC ANALYSIS
In-Depth look at Customers
Customer demographic analysis or membership analysis provides a systematic way to take an in-depth look at customers and members and identify new opportunities to increase business and expand market share. DWS combine strong geotechnical abilities with ABS Census data that provides strong insight into customer and membership patterns. Our analysis includes:
- Geocoding of members or customer addresses to derive a map view of clusters.
- Compilation of ABS Census data for the relevant catchment area.
- Profiling of most profitable customers and associated demographic characteristics.
- Identification of non-core customer and member base to identify prospective opportunity.
- Segmentation of customers and members within a local catchment area.
DWS incorporates customer and membership geocoding into our analysis. This gives organisations the ability to attach GPS locations to customer addresses giving location intelligence. The DWS customer and membership analysis process allows organisations to identify the most profitable customers along with their demographics such as age profile, income, family structure and occupation. This information can be used to optimise marketing resources.
Get a Quote
Don't Miss Out, Keep in the loop!
Get our Latest News and Industry Reports delivered straight into your inbox.