A ‘Dos and Don’ts’ guide for changes to the Privacy Act for hospitality venues
Whether your venue is small or large, the new changes to the Privacy Act changes that came into effect on March 12 will affect any business that has an annual turnover of more than $3 million and either:
- trades in personal information
- provides services under a Commonwealth contract
- runs a residential tenancy database
- is related to a larger business
- is a reporting entity under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act.
While the privacy changes can be a confusing and complicated process due to the amount of detail involved, we have prepared a a ‘Dos and Don’ts’ guide to help you determine how your venue handles information and what you can do to protect the privacy of your patrons and employees.