Position Status: Successfully Filled
- Got a passion for engaging, presenting and working with people?
- Use your knowledge & kitchen experience to train Apprentices
- Be part of a strong training team & enjoy the work-life balance
Enjoy a change of pace outside the kitchen while passing on your passion for food to hungry Apprentices across Queensland
This is a rare opportunity for a qualified chef to enjoy a relaxed and supportive working environment whilst putting their extensive hospitality experience to practical use in one of Queensland’s most respected training organisations. Based in Brisbane, Club Training Australia (CTA) is looking for a motivated, engaging and experienced Chef Trainer & Assessor to join their growing team of hospitality trainers in Brisbane.
The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering Commercial Cookery via classroom and on-the-job training in Queensland, however qualified chefs with extensive experience in non-accredited training may be considered.
Currently delivering over 18 different qualifications to thousands of students in the Queensland hospitality industry every year, this State Training Awards Finalist is inviting all experienced commercial chef trainers to take their career to the next level. As testament to their success, CTA has been an accredited RTO in Queensland since 1993 and boasts a highly sought-after team of long serving fulltime industry training professionals. Last year five of our trainers were recognised as finalists in the QLD State Training Awards and next year it could be you!
With a fusion of classroom and on-the-job training, you will have the opportunity to train throughout Brisbane and the SE coastal strip, but also the ability to train right across Queensland.
The successful candidate will ideally possess;
- Qualifications in Commercial Cookery and/or Hospitality
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Experience conducting RPL and workplace training and assessment
- Relevant and current industry experience
- A background in hospitality, kitchen management and/or training
- Great presentation and communication skills
- A motivated self-starter with an engaging and friendly personality
- Outstanding time management and organisation skills
- Australian Drivers Licence
- Strong computer skills with Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
- The ability to travel and be flexible with working times
Worried you don’t have the right training qualifications but have a bucket-load of experience? Many of the trainers at CTA are direct from the industry so your industry experience and credibility will be well regarded, as are relevant hospitality and training qualifications. You will also enjoy an environment where your efforts will be rewarded and internal development and career progression is not only encouraged, but actively supported.
Available for immediate start with your Apprentices waiting to learn, the remuneration package will reflect the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Don’t miss this chance to share your industry experience in a well-established and progressive RTO that has tripled in size over the last few years.