Position Status: Closed
ASX Listed Company – Technology Sector
- Group strategic role with a seat in the board room
- Autonomy and accountability for financial management, company secretary duties and management of investor relations (in conjunction with CEO)
- Ideal for a skilled senior finance practitioner with leadership, entrepreneurship and problem solving skills
A senior finance executive with ASX experience is sought to oversee the finance functions and reporting of this firm’s international operations. To be successful in this role, you’ll need the skills to make the numbers tell a story. The successful candidate will be a person who can demonstrate their competence as a finance practitioner in an ASX listed environment, as well as being a great leader and strategist and someone who contributes to culture and organisational performance.
The firm is an ASX listed company with a technology focus, circa 400 staff and assets and operations in Europe and Australasia. Head office is based in Melbourne. The organisation is a comprised of a small hands-on team operating in a dynamic and growing environment.
The firm is seeking an appropriately qualified and experienced accounting and finance executive from an ASX listed environment who is ready to develop their CFO skills through hands-on experience.
Technology industry experience, while highly regarded, is not essential for success in this role. What is considered essential, however:
- Excellent attention to detail with numbers, and the ability to develop analysis tools that will extract meaning and allow you to see the bigger picture – tell the story behind the numbers.
- Experience in an ASX listed firm’s finance team, not necessarily as CFO, but holding a senior post and understanding the rhythm of a publicly listed organisation.
- Problem solving skills – the successful person will provide the CEO with solutions, not issues.
- Personality and a presence. This is a senior leadership role, the successful candidate will represent the firm with a range of external stakeholders and in a range of forums.
- Entrepreneurship – the firm is seeking a CFO who will contribute to the bottom line, not just report it
The firm is seeking someone who is prepared to work with the accounts team, senior management and board; to communicate results; and take a collaborative approach to developing solutions to finance issues. In addition, the role requires provision of leadership, oversight and implementation of the company’s risk management framework and reporting to the Risk & Audit Committee on such.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate must strike a balance between being a skilled and experienced finance practitioner and being a leader capable of contributing to a positive organisation culture by working with multi-site operations and within the corporate structure.
The CFO role enjoys autonomy and is accountable for driving solutions and positive outcomes. The CFO works within the head office structure with an expectation of building relationships across the operation by being visible and accessible and demonstrating a willingness to understand the challenges faced in the group’s operations. The group is strong and successful and growing.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Developing an intimate knowledge of the firm’s operations – sales and expense drivers, routes to market, challenges and opportunities.
- Managing the accounts team to generate accurate and timely reporting outcomes, consistent with internal needs and statutory requirements.
- Integrating the finance function into the group, reporting financial results, analysing and synthesising information to foster insightful decision making and robust and reliable forecasts.
- Maintaining compliance with IFRS and GAAP in the markets the firm operates in.
- Devising FX risk strategies.
- Leading and managing a high functioning finance team across offices in multiple locations.
- Standardising and improving systems, controls, processes and data analysis tools to limit ‘surprises’.
- Involvement in strategic and business planning by supporting the CEO and board with analysis and insights into historical financial performance and future-focused financial modelling.
- Company secretary duties.
- Other senior management responsibilities that relate to finance, for example human resources and legal matters.
The firm is seeking to appoint a candidate who can demonstrate:
- Formal qualifications in Accounting, with CPA or CA qualification and experience in senior roles in dynamic and growing listed firms.
- A willingness to learn the group’s businesses and a preparedness to undertake some limited travel to visit the group’s sites.
- The accounting skills to produce the numbers and the smarts to tell the story behind the numbers to assist stakeholders to make better decisions about the businesses.
- Leadership, a natural style that people will relate to.
- Analytical skills, a predisposition for questioning norms and challenging sacred cows.
- Written and verbal communications skills and the ability to build rapport and influence people.
- Experience working and communicating with senior management.
- Diligence, honesty, integrity and a commitment to best practice and success.
This firm is a ‘young’ organisation that is growing and seeking to recruit a skilful CFO and a quality individual.
To register your interest in this role, please submit a resume and covering letter to email@example.com. Strong applications will be those that address the specific criteria bullet pointed above.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position however only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview purposes.
The firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.